The Bivrost Bottle has some unique features
The bottle was designed in 2018 and released on the market in 2019. We worked together with https://blueglass.eu/ on inventing a bespoke bottle that incorporates the Arctic soul. The result was great, here are some interesting facts:
- In the bottom there is a 3D representation of the mountain “Jiehkkevarri”
- Instead of regular “grooves” in the bottom there actually is a text that says “BIVROST 69N WORLDS NORTHERNMOST”
- The new design won the prestigeous “World Gin Awards – GOLD for best Re design” in 2019
- The glass bottles are made, partly, from recycled glass.
- The furnaces that produce the glass are heated with Oxyfuel, which generates a lot less emission fumes (70%) than regular natural gas. The heat from the furnace is also recycled in the heating system of thousands of homes around the glass factory.
- The company that produces our bottles has been selected by the European Union for the H2GLASS-Horizon22 project, aimed at experimenting with green hydrogen in order to replace fossile fuels for glass production.